We are back in Cuenca.
We are getting ourselves back in gear after a very busy March in the states. Sometimes I go through a slump when we return to Ecuador. Blah. Things are beautiful and good here, but it’s a drastic transition every time to leave family, friends, and familiarity. I’ve been making my way back to our routine here.
You know I’ve been thinking about this blog and feel excited to get back to it… 🙂
For today, a few highlights and photos from the (3) Love Boot Camps we just hosted in the U.S…
- Nearly 75% of our attendees at all the retreats came via RECOMMENDATIONS from past guests!!! I’d say we’re getting somewhere! That was hugely exciting for us!
- Here we were just after the Brooklyn retreat. We looked like this ^ but actually felt like this cute couple sitting across from us on the subway…
- I wondered if the one-day retreats would still be top-notch, compared to our two-day events last year. I mean, could we teach everyone enough to make them feel it was still worth it and “life changing”?! Would everyone feel a similar feeling of community and hope? The answer is YES. The 1-day experiment totally worked. We got crazy good feedback like we did with the 2-day events. Also, it allowed more people to come due to work and childcare. We will likely not go back to the 2-day retreat.
- One professional therapist who attended told us we HAVE to get our curriculum ready to be taught to other therapists. She said she does her thing, but that we have something so amazing to add and she would LOVE to incorporate it into her practice. We have had many others request the same thing. We are actually super excited about the possibility of doing this.
(Here we got to gather in a lovely atrium in Las Vegas.)
- 5 retreats in 2016 have been/will be in the homes of readers/supporters/alumni! That is A DREAM to us to join forces with these good souls who have become a part of this movement. It also saves us substantially on our costs, which helps this effort to continue. So THANK YOU X A MILLION to those who have been able to help!
- Some people that came on heavy recommendations from friends or spouses were SKEPTICAL. I think really skeptical, in fact. But, during and after the retreat, they just couldn’t stop raving about their experience. They told us again and again and AGAIN that it was EXACTLY what they needed. And that they had no idea how good it was going to be. Heck yeah. I love hearing that.
LOVE BOOT CAMP,
SALT LAKE CITY
- A 22 year-old guy (in college) came to our retreat in Salt Lake. He has read the blog for years and wants to be on a loving path. Um. Amazing!!! We were all so dang inspired by him. I wish I had a match maker as part of this blog because to put any two of you together on this path – as friends or partners -would be just about the best thing on earth.
- Our voices survived this tour, unlike in the past. We drank our favorite homemade tea non-stop with SLICED LEMON + SLICED GINGER + HOT WATER. Oh my goodness. That drink is the most comforting bit of heaven to me. You have to try it. (We like these thermoses that keep liquids hot for 12 hours.)
- And, here are some words we’ve received from our guests. We’re so grateful…
“It was one of the most beautiful weekends of my life. Love you all! Thanks for inspiring me.”
“Thank you for sharing your beautiful work with love. My experience this weekend was life changing.”
“I don’t have words about the impact you’ve made on me. This day was life changing. I’m feeling so empowered to share this light and love.”
“An amazing, uplifting, inspiring weekend. I loved every second.”
“Through mentoring with you and coming to this retreat, you have saved my life.”
“You have blessed my life 100%.”
“Such a beautiful day with you all. I’m still floating ❤”
“LOVE…you taught me Love. A new way, more hope.”
“I have been filled with new hope and purpose today.”
“You’ve changed everything for me in the most wonderful of ways and I can’t express in words what that has done for me.”