Tough Decisions Over Here…

Danny and I are working away on preparing the launch of our next round of retreats. It’s starting to feel exhilarating to see some details come together.

I already mentioned the 7-Day Body+Soul Camp in Ecuador will be April 17-23. Hooray. Registration will open SOON. (promise!)

But we also have shorter events in store for another U.S. Tour, to take place in March and July.

This time around we want to make a few changes to accommodate as many of you as possible!

So far…

1. Events will take place on the weekends. (We’re sorry some of our retreats last year fell on weekdays.)

2. We’re going to cut some costs so that the price is more affordable for more people.

We also want your feedback on this for the U.S. Tour:

Would you prefer a TWO DAY event (9-5 pm each day) with ALL of our classes and experiential workshops? (The price would be less than it was last time, which was $950.) Let us know if you prefer Fri./Sat. or Sat./Sun.

OR

Would you prefer a ONE DAY event on a Saturday only (9-5 pm) with 1/2 of our workshops (for a cheaper price)?

OR

Would you prefer a 2-HOUR EVENT only on a weekend night?

What would work for you best? We truly want to do what will serve you the most! Also, ANY feedback at all is so very helpful to us.

XO,

Mara & Danny

P.S. Our first U.S. events in March will be in Las Vegas and Salt Lake City! There is nothing like spring in the Southwest. If you happen to have a home or venue in these cities (or in any U.S. city) that could accommodate a bunch of love doers coming together to learn how to love even more, we’d LOVE to hear from you! Write me at mara@ablogaboutlove.com. In exchange for the use of your home, we’d love to have you come to the retreat for free, of course.

1. Anonymous January 21, 2016 at 11:17 pm - Reply

Is there a reason that it's Friday-Saturday as the option instead of Saturday-Sunday? I'm guessing that more people would have a hard time skipping work than skipping religious services or other commitments on a Sunday.

One other option might be 1 very long day. Maybe morning until night but with meal breaks.

People I know would be mostly likely to attend if it was affordable ($99-$199).We just want the information more than we want fancy surroundings and fancy food.

• mara January 22, 2016 at 12:52 am - Reply

Thanks for chiming in. I changed the post slightly to reflect the Sunday option. You're right. That probably would be the best for many.

And thanks tons for the feedback. Our events in the past have been outstanding venue and food wise. And we did receive amazing feedback on that. People loved the settings and the food. We tried to really make it feel like a "retreat". But this time we're going to see if we can balance that somewhat.

2. Rebekah Leigh January 22, 2016 at 2:44 am - Reply

Dare I say both? Have the two Day retreat and then have a two hour retreat on the third day. That way there's an option for everyone. I have no doubt that whatever you do will book up fast!! Would also love a retreat reunion meeting, seeing how everyone's grown and changed since we last met would be amazing!

• mara January 22, 2016 at 4:37 am - Reply

THANKS. And yes….we so want to do a retreat alumni meet-up! In Utah, we'll likely do that in July, however, as we'll also be in town during that time. Stay tuned for details. XOXO

3. Anonymous January 22, 2016 at 4:13 am - Reply

I like the one day option better!! That would be cheaper but everyone would still get to learn from you in person!! Have you considered Los Angles?!?! It's not that far from Vegas!! And there are so many amazing people here!!

• mara January 22, 2016 at 4:35 am - Reply

Thank you tons! We appreciate your feedback (& enthusiasm to boot. the best.)

SO…L.A. Yes, you Californians. We have our eye on you and want to do an event there. For the tour this year, however, we will likely not do both Las Vegas and L.A. as they are rather close. We hope people might be able to come to Vegas! Though if we received enough interest from L.A. (say from at least 10 people) we would change our minds and come to L.A. in a heartbeat. Spread the word!

• Terrel Sugar Master January 22, 2016 at 2:29 pm - Reply

I would Love to see you guys in LA next year!!

• mara January 25, 2016 at 4:41 am - Reply

Thanks, Terrel!! L.A. is definitely on the list! I saw that a blogging conference that we like to go to (Alt Summit) just moved locations to Palm Springs. And I think it will take place in Jan. (2017). We will likely be at that conference so I'm already penciling in an L.A. Retreat. I know that seems so far away. For me, somehow that feels right around the corner. Something about being an expat makes time FLY.

4. DanandEmily January 22, 2016 at 5:01 am - Reply

I would love to come to a two hour event! It would make it easier to find child care, more affordable, etc! (I would be coming to the salt lake event) I sure would love to meet you!

• mara January 25, 2016 at 4:29 am - Reply

Ah, THANK YOU for sharing this! Every little bit helps us here. We really appreciate your support. And we'd love to meet you, too. We may try to experiment with a 2- hour event. Stay tuned.

5. Christabel January 22, 2016 at 6:29 am - Reply

Your retreats sound inspiring. Please consider coming down under to Australia to do one!!! It's not *that* far!! 🙂

• SarahN @ livetolist January 22, 2016 at 12:03 pm - Reply

Ha Christabel – I'm another Aussie reader who thought 'probably don't want my thoughts for a US tour!'

• danny January 24, 2016 at 2:20 am - Reply

Hey, we've totally had out minds on doing something in Australia. Maybe 2017 🙂 We'll probably have to do some specific polling with Australian readers to really nail what location and timing would work for those interested, because it is likely to only happen once! But, I say LET'S MAKE THIS HAPPEN!

6. green January 22, 2016 at 3:56 pm - Reply

Austin or San Antonio! Friday/Saturday and two hour!

• mara January 25, 2016 at 4:20 am - Reply

THANK YOU. Love this feedback. Austin is on our very, very short list and I can't wait to go. Though I don't think we'll make it there this summer…it is likely to be next year. We'll be back in the states and it will be easier to book these events.

• duffyec January 27, 2016 at 4:05 pm - Reply

I second the vote for Austin or San Antonio! And I think a great schedule would be an opening dinner on Friday, Saturday sessions and end with a happy hour early Saturday evening. Maybe include an option to do something touristy together on Saturday evening or Sunday morning.

7. Anonymous January 22, 2016 at 10:26 pm - Reply

boston or new york. 1-day or 2-days. would love to attend. if the price is on the lower end ($200ish), i am sure i could convince a group of friends to also attend.

• mara January 25, 2016 at 4:28 am - Reply

THANK YOU for the feedback! We want to host in BOTH of those cities. Though this year, our main event on the east coast will be in PA (in July. Registration TBA). Once we move back to NYC, we hope to have quite regular events in NYC and nearby cities. Though those won't kick in until next year.
      Also, we so want to have an offering that would be in the $200ish range. Right now our events wouldn't be possible at that price. But we'd like to figure something out in the future. We're also working on plans for an online experience, too, which will be much more affordable.

8. Meg January 23, 2016 at 4:16 am - Reply

I'd love to attend your workshop sometime. Probably a one day, you could maybe even offer two one day retreats so that people have the option of which day. Or a full day and then a two hour the next day. What great things you guys are doing!

• mara January 25, 2016 at 4:31 am - Reply

LOVE these ideas. Thanks a million. It would be so dang cool to do two 1-day events back to back…I'd love it if we got enough people to sign up for that. This way we could keep the groups intimate (which is the best) and then we could still include more people.

9. Meg January 23, 2016 at 4:16 am - Reply

10. SarahC January 24, 2016 at 2:27 am - Reply

Thanks for considering new options! I love the one day, or half day ideas. Come back to VT at a lower cost ($100-200) and I'd love to be there. Or anywhere in New England, maybe in the fall with the bright foliage 🙂 Thanks for your great spirit!
    Sarah

• mara January 25, 2016 at 4:36 am - Reply

Yes, yes, yes to bright foliage. It's absolutely on my list.
      Right now we're likely going to try out the 1-day events. They'll be boot camps with lots of info. and training! We hope that they'll be just what people need.

It's likely we won't be able to schedule something this fall in New England, though, as we'll still be in Ecuador during that time (and will likely have our last retreat in Ecuador in October). BUT…I have penciled in New England for 2017! I'm totally behind making that happen!

Also, for this July 2016, we are working on launching a 3-day Body+Soul Camp in PA. So maybe you can come! Though unfortunately that won't be able to be in the $100-200 range.

11. Anonymous January 24, 2016 at 9:25 pm - Reply

Austin

• mara January 25, 2016 at 4:38 am - Reply

Austin is another one on our very, very short list. Thank you for putting in a good word. 🙂 Though it likely won't happen until 2017. Of course that seems right around the corner to me already. I don't know why but time as an expat just FLIES.

Also, what are some cool things to do in Austin? And is there a month of the year that's great to come or anything? I've never been and I look forward to checking it out before and after a retreat.

12. Leana S May January 25, 2016 at 11:23 am - Reply

Consider Denver!! I love the 1 or 2 day options

13. jana chambers January 25, 2016 at 4:30 pm - Reply

This picture makes me so happy! ALL THAT LOVE!!!!

• mara January 25, 2016 at 4:33 pm - Reply

Yeah, me too. 🙂 Ohh, we'll NEVER forget that experience!!

14. Anonymous January 30, 2016 at 3:09 pm - Reply

I would love to attend a Friday/Saturday event in SLC (depending on price).