Here are a few health tips that we've learned from our holistic practitioners. Thought I'd share these in case you want to check into any of them further:
1. Soak dry beans for 3 days until they sprout. It increases their nutrition by 30%. Don't leave them in water too long as they can mold. Change the water once a day.
2. Aloe Vera is AMAZING for gut health. Add the gel from a leaf to a smoothie. You can't taste it.
3. Sleep with the window OPEN, even a little, every night. Oxygen is crucial for healing. In an enclosed room, you can deplete the oxygen available during the night, when healing is trying to take place the most. Multiple people or animals in a room will deplete oxygen even more.
4. Avocado is the best thing to add to smoothies as it stabilizes the fruit and adds super healthy fats.
5. Everyone really, really should do at least two parasite cleanses a year (in the U.S.) and more like 3 per year if you live elsewhere.
6. Use a mixture of coconut oil and beeswax for a natural sunscreen.
7. Symptoms are a message; a form of communication. Without them, you could further deteriorate. So, see a symptom as a positive discovery. Instead of "I'm dying" or "Crap, I'm sick".....say: "I'm thankful my body is communicating with me. I can now can start the process of healing and I'm now getting better."
8. Beliefs affect and even create our biology.
9. Burn bundles of dried sage for aromatherapy.
10. Meat absolutely must be organic if you eat it. Pork should be avoided completely.
11. Take Vitamin D3 during the daylight only, since you normally would get D3 from the sun, when your body is awake. Taking it at night could interrupt your sleep.
12. Coffee enemas are an extremely effective way to cleanse the liver and the colon. They recommend doing an enema once per week.
13. Probiotics are being called the new Prozac as gut health is so closely tied to mental health.
14. Regular detoxing IS recommended as the body is flooded with chemicals, pesticides, plastics, pollution, and heavy metals on a daily basis.
Have you come across any great health tips lately?? I love this stuff.
P.S. My skin and my moods are usually the top indicators of my health. I guess in this selfie I was feeling healthy and I feel lucky to say that I mostly always feel that way. It's a mystery to me that my health hasn't worked itself out as I really do feel good. Hoping I can one day get to the bottom of these underlying issues, or at least keep any further problems at bay.
For the month of January, mentoring sessions with Danny & I are 2-for-1.
Book a session HERE.
Follow A BLOG ABOUT LOVE on: