How to Get a Reduced Price For the Retreat

We’ve had a few inquiries regarding a discount for couples who attend the retreat. This time we were thinking we wouldn’t be able to offer that.

HOWEVER – last night we decided to see if we could come up with a plan that would be helpful. Because I swear, I truly want to do anything possible to help someone make this happen.  So here’s the plan…

We will offer a $300 discount for each person you are able to inspire to attend. It doesn’t matter if it’s a spouse, friend, sister, boyfriend, acquaintance, co-worker, Facebook friend, or reader of your own blog.

So if you bring two sisters, you get a $600 discount.
If you bring a spouse and another couple and one of your Facebook friends, you get a $1,200 discount. You could potentially come for free if you were able to encourage enough people to attend.

I hope this will make it possible for some to come.

If you have at least one other person lined up to attend, please do write us so we can arrange your discount.

Much Love, Mara

P.S. The photo above is in Cuenca, Ecuador. All over the city they have little knitting shops where women sell yarn and also hand knit things to sell. I’m obsessed! I’m constantly poking my head in the little shops to see the latest sweaters.

1. Anonymous December 16, 2014 at 6:51 pm - Reply

Are you willing to be transparent about how much income accrues to you from this venture? It sounds like such a pure hearted thing but I would want to know if that was true. 🙂

• Anonymous December 17, 2014 at 12:43 am - Reply

What an odd comment. What limited amount of income makes someone pure? Are the good and pure hearted among us limited to ascetic monks? Where is the line in the sand?
      I think the real question is does this retreat provide people what they want at a price they (and others) are able to afford? I'm no libertarian but I do know the market will provide that answer. And I'm sure Danny and Mara were thoughtful and prudent in how they planned the retreat, including the price point.
      Good luck M & D. Perhaps one day I'll join you for one of these retreats! I hope this work provides the joy and meaningful work you wanted to do with your lives.

2. Anonymous December 16, 2014 at 7:11 pm - Reply

I think it's ok for people to get an income from the things they love and what they work hard at! These retreats sound BEAUTIFUL and Mara and Danny are amazing organizers.

• M December 16, 2014 at 10:05 pm - Reply

I agree with you. When I have bought something off etsy, or from the farmer's market, or when I had skilled laborers make me a paver patio this summer, I didn't ask how much income they are accruing. In fact, think it would be tacky to ask ANYONE that. I love supporting people who have the courage and talent to provide a service that they love. I really hope my own children find ways to support themselves in ways to make them happy, they are passionate about, and that bless the lives of others. Danny and Mara are so inspiring that they have done this!

3. Anonymous December 16, 2014 at 7:13 pm - Reply

Thanks for posting this discount!!

4. Anonymous December 17, 2014 at 9:32 pm - Reply

Thank you for this. It's a nice win-win situation you've created, and it's nice that you care about people attending enough to give them ways to make it more financially feasible.

5. mara December 18, 2014 at 2:22 am - Reply

I just want to say thanks for you readers and the amazing support you give us. When an odd comment comes in, we are just amazed to see that you guys help to moderate this place before we can even get to it. So thank you so much. We really appreciate how kind and supportive you are.

6. Anonymous December 18, 2014 at 10:39 pm - Reply

Hi Mara And Danny~

I am wondering if maybe it would be helpful to have one of the people that previously went on your retreat share a little bit about their time. It's always helpful in deciding whether or not to figure out a way to attend these types of things and sometimes it can be helpful to hear about others' experiences. Not that I don't trust this blog or what I've read on it. I do!! I would never even consider going on a trip like this had I not. I just really would love to hear more about it and hear how it was for other people and what their time was like. What is what they expected? What was their favorite part? How has it changed their life since they have been home? It may be helpful for other's to hear as they're deciding and even if people can't go it's still really helpful to glean from other's experiences if they're willing to share!! 🙂

You two are utterly AMAZING and I'm "jealous" of the lives you get to live in this season!

~Ashley