Love Announcements

Hi everyone! All is well with us here. Life is so good and I’m thankful for that. Right now we’re snuggled in our bed a bit early and we’re about to watch a movie on our lap top. (Well, actually…we’re chatting about upcoming blog posts – so the movie may delayed a bit. 🙂 But we hope you all have the best, best Memorial Day Weekend!! 3 day weekends are just glorious. We’ll be thinking of you all. XO, M

Today, some Love Announcements:

-In case any of you are on the fence about the water-only cleaning cloths I use, you HAVE to watch this news clip that wanted to PROVE if the cloths work or not. You many be blown away by the results!!  🙂  (Thanks to Lindsay for sending this in!)

-I was so excited that Joanna Goddard posted about South American Palo Santo Sticks recently. I LOVE THEM! They’re sold on little carts like these on the street. I smelled
them during our trip to Ecuador last November and had no idea what they
were, but I knew I wanted them as they smelled soooo amazing. We are
moving to a house soon (!!) and will have an outdoor porch –I can’t wait to have these
sticks smoldering in a can while we lounge outdoors. You can buy some from Amazon here.

-One
of my favorite things is neon signs. So I had to just share this Pie
sign from Four & Twenty Blackbirds, a famous pie shop in Brooklyn.
They now serve “Pie at the Library” at the Brooklyn Public Library! Danny would love a slice of that salted caramel apple. And I would love a neon sign.

-I’ve been wanting to tell you about BK17 Bakery, in South Slope, Brooklyn. Can you believe I’m posting about BREAD? Well, this particular baker is a miracle worker and uses a unique, extended fermentation process that makes the wheat much more digestible. Even people who normally have sensitivities to wheat have had great success with her bread. She uses the best, pesticide-free, local ingredients. She often is available to deliver warm bread to your door in Brooklyn (such a luxury) or you can pick it up at Brooklyn Larder or Nourish Kitchen + Table. Some of
her flavors include: Maple Date Nut Levain, Potato & Rosemary, Buckwheat & Rye, Roasted Sweet Potato
Levain, Chestnut & Fig Stout Levain, Walnut Mongrel, Khorasan Apricot. And is that not the most gorgeous pair of loaves you’ve ever seen??

This architect lives in Ecuador. I think I need to give him a call. 🙂

-And…it turns out that Danny loves to pick out clothes for me for a birthday or a surprise. It’s actually the cutest thing ever and I just bawled on my first birthday with him to think that he put so much thought into doing something nice. Recently he was looking through J.Crew and had a few things picked out. Here’s one of the outfits. So summery, right!? The Pencil Skirt is on sale right now!

1. Julia May 23, 2014 at 12:57 pm - Reply

You might already be aware of the pop-up ads on your site… but it makes the reader unable to read your content! Today it's for Athleta (which I LOVE), but it's on top of your writing :-/

• Anonymous May 23, 2014 at 10:50 pm - Reply

Use Ad Block Plus, Julia!

• danny May 24, 2014 at 1:40 am - Reply

I hate when those kinds of ads pop up. We've specifically requested from our ad network not to allow them, but sometimes they sneak through.

• Anonymous May 24, 2014 at 2:22 am - Reply

I can't read the first half of the post either. The ad won't go away!

• Anonymous May 24, 2014 at 3:31 am - Reply

That Athleta thing is always there for me, so I can never read the first part of your posts! 🙂 P.S. I recently discovered your blog and it is totally my favorite thing now. (A former New Yorker here; pretty sure I briefly lived on the same Brooklyn street back in the day. Not necessarily at the same time–maybe, who knows–but same street!) My gypsy feet are jealous of your move to Ecuador! Best, J!

• danny May 24, 2014 at 5:58 pm - Reply

Thanks for all the feedback! I've submitted another formal request to Federated Media to remove ALL ads that go beyond their bounds. I'm so glad you all voiced your experience so that we could know it is a problem.

Hopefully by early next week the issue will be resolved.

• danny May 24, 2014 at 6:02 pm - Reply

Also, if one of you have this happen again, could you please send me a screen shot of what it looks like so I can be more clear to the ad company about how things are being blocked?

Thank you!

2. Kelsey May 23, 2014 at 10:51 pm - Reply

Congrats on moving into a house soon! Thanks for the work you two put into this blog.

• mara May 24, 2014 at 2:26 am - Reply

ugh – that is so annoying. I'm so sorry. Our ads are set up by another company. I need to call them. It's my dream to remove ALL THE ADS! The truth is they drive me nuts. On another note: Happy Weekend!!!

3. Renelle Vann Mamauag May 26, 2014 at 10:31 pm - Reply

hello Kofoed's family, i envy your life as a couple. I really wish I can have that kind of lifestyle. Waking up with your darling, making breakfast in bed, cuddling with each other, watch movies and many others. God Bless in your new home and your family. I love your couple's blog post.
    "Money is nothing without your loved ones". Enjoy life!
    Renelle