(This is in front of our new little home.)
Feeling grateful for:
- Internet!!!! We're finally back in business here. :) :)
- Hard boiled eggs. They save me completely. A reader here said she takes them when she travels and I now carry one with me in my bag at all times in case I get in a pinch and I can't find something to eat. (Danny is making me some now as we're going big trip tomorrow.)
- Water that we can drink out of the tap. Yes, I'm serious. The water in Cuenca is clean and drinkable! (Though this isn't the case in the rest of Ecuador.)
- A magnetic knife holder that we managed to find here. (Better than storing knives on our tiny counter.) Little things are completely delighting me these days.
- A huge knitting and weaving shop where I will take lessons from the most amazing Ecuadorian woman.
- New friends in Cuenca. Yes, in a week we've already made four new friends (in addition to wonderful new neighbors and several friends that we made on our month long visit here.)
- Popcorn that they serve at most restaurants before the meal (instead of bread). I love this tradition as it's gluten free. :)
- Wonderful, wonderful housekeepers who charge $20 for 5 hours!!!!
- A happy, kind, loving husband who (get this) LOVES to get all snuggly due to the cool nights. :) :)
P.S. Danny and I are going to be off traveling...again. I really can't believe it. We mostly crave being put for awhile. But - my parents, sister, brother-in-law, niece, and nephew are all up in Colombia at a friend's country lake house near Medellin, in the town of San Carlos. How can we not go join them?! My brother-in-law says: "San Carlos is a waterfall wonderland with seven rivers intersecting in this hilly area. It's a beautiful home with more than enough room for all of us. It's a beautiful, old-fashioned town with a square and a church where everything is within walking distance and everyone knows each other." Off we go, my friends. Our first South American adventure begins!