Come Hear Us Speak in NYC This Sunday…

Hi everyone!
Danny and I will be speaking this Sunday (Sept. 15) at 7:00 pm at the Mormon church at 125 Columbus Avenue, just across from Lincoln Center.  I believe we’ll be the only speakers that night. The event is part of a singles conference, but anyone is invited to attend (you do not have to be single or Mormon to attend.)  Also, there is no charge.  We’d love to meet you!

Subway:  1 train to 66th St./Lincoln Center or A, B, C, D, 1 to 59th St./Columbus Circle

(We’re also speaking at a conference in Washington D.C. Oct. 11-13 and in New Jersey October 19. More info. to come, but also feel free to let us know if you’re interested.)

(image)

Follow A BLOG ABOUT LOVE on:
Twitter @ablogaboutlove
Pinterest
Facebook
ABAL Book Club
Babble Voices & The Equals Record

1. Rik September 10, 2013 at 6:32 pm - Reply

Where is the one in NJ? I'd love to come.

2. Brittons of Provo September 10, 2013 at 6:58 pm - Reply

So it's this coming Sunday, September 15th, correct?

• mara September 10, 2013 at 7:13 pm - Reply

yes! thanks for the note…I'll add the date to the post as well.

3. Milan September 10, 2013 at 7:31 pm - Reply

Dying to go to the DC one, if you have the details I'd love to mark my calendar.

4. Anonymous September 10, 2013 at 9:07 pm - Reply

Are these events open to non-Mormons? What are the fees for the Washington and NJ events? Thank you!!!!

• mara September 10, 2013 at 9:36 pm - Reply

Yes! Non-Mormons are certainly welcome. Anyone can come.
      I don't believe there are any fees for the Washington and NJ events. I'll work on getting the info. needed for anyone wanting to attend (location, schedule, etc.)

5. Anonymous September 11, 2013 at 2:47 am - Reply

I'd be very interested to attend the dc event! Would love to meet you guys. Looking forward to getting details on the event.

6. Anonymous September 11, 2013 at 12:47 pm - Reply

I'd go to the DC one, and I see that it's open to non-Mormons, so yay!

7. Savannah September 11, 2013 at 3:26 pm - Reply

Yes, please let us know the details for DC when you get them. 🙂 Looking forward to hearing you speak!

8. Elizabeth H. September 12, 2013 at 7:48 pm - Reply

Hi Mara,

I'm a quiet reader (I don't tend to leave comments) but am thinking about coming to the talk. I have never been to a Mormon Church and am wondering if there's any sort of dress code for this event? Also, about how long it's expected to last? Thanks so much!

• Elizabeth H. September 12, 2013 at 7:49 pm - Reply

Oh! Specifically, the event in NYC. I should have specified. Thanks again!

• mara September 12, 2013 at 8:48 pm - Reply

It would be wonderful to have you come!
      Since this is a Sunday event at a church, most people will generally still come dressed in "sunday best" type clothes (women usually wear casual dresses, skirts or nice pants, men usually wear ties.) But, you could also come in whatever you felt comfortable wearing and that would be just fine. The meeting will last about 1 hour and will start at 7 pm. It will start with a violin/piano duet and then we are asked to speak for 45 min.