Honey Lavender Elixir

Honey Lavender Elixir
At the Natural Beauty Night, our speaker (Jessa) made a Honey Lavender Elixir for the guests (she’s way into using fresh herbs, which I think is so awesome.)  We mixed about 2-3 tablespoons of the elixir with sparkling water, but you can also mix it with prosecco.  I’m telling you, this elixir was so, so good!  It would be the perfect way to fancy up a summer garden party.
Honey Lavender Elixir
Honey Lavender Elixir
Jessa recommends using local, raw honey for maximum health benefits.
For Brooklynites, I know you can get local raw honey at…
Home/Made in Red Hook (there is a beekeeper next door to them!  They have beehives on the roof!)
Queens…
Manhattan…
Union Square GreenMarket (Mon., Wed., Fri., Sat.)
Andrew’s Local Honey (he also has hives in Queens/Brooklyn)
Bronx…
Hudson Valley…
And here’s the yummy recipe…
 Danny approved.  ðŸ™‚

Have a great day, everyone!!

-Mara

(photography by Kylie Whiting
event sponsored by Vine.com)

P.S. I made dinner tonight. Yep, that’s unusual around here, actually, due to my chef husband. 🙂 I made a Korean dish called Vegetable Bibimbap…and it was AWESOME!!  We had the Mormon missionaries over and they went nuts over it.  Danny loved it, too.  And we both decided the recipe was a keeper for good, so I thought I’d pass it along.

Follow A BLOG ABOUT LOVE on:

1. Kelly July 16, 2013 at 11:58 am - Reply

I love bimimbap! And I especially love the name! It's my go-to order when I go out. Yum.

2. Heather July 16, 2013 at 1:23 pm - Reply
    • mara July 19, 2013 at 10:38 pm - Reply

Oh, I totally want that book!

3. Kimberly Bonham July 16, 2013 at 3:07 pm - Reply

Yummy! This sounds so refreshing and good!

4. Bri July 16, 2013 at 3:59 pm - Reply

Can't wait to try the Honey Lavender Elixir! It sounds amazing! Quick question: Does it keep very long? Should you use it right away or can you store it in the fridge or cupboard for a while?

5. Miss J July 16, 2013 at 8:48 pm - Reply

Trying this tonight at our garden party for my mother and her work friends.
    Just got all the ingredients, ready to go!!!

• mara July 19, 2013 at 10:39 pm - Reply

So great!!! Hope it turned out well for you.

6. Raven July 17, 2013 at 3:05 pm - Reply

Hmmm…I'm torn because this sounds so light and refreshing–and healthy! But not sure about the lavender. Love the smell, not sure I'd love the taste. Which probably means I should try it 🙂

7. Lindsey July 17, 2013 at 4:05 pm - Reply

I love fresh herbs. We just planted our first herb garden this year, with lavendar! but it has yet to bloom. Hopefully soon!

• mara July 19, 2013 at 10:39 pm - Reply

oh, how fun to actually grow your own lavender. This drink makes me want to do the same. And actually, you could add lavender to your baths, too!

8. Jenny D. July 17, 2013 at 4:15 pm - Reply

Thanks for the recipes, I love bibimbap! The elixir looks interesting, how much of it do you add to the seltzer?!

I've had your "Our Favorite Dessert" recipe bookmarked for awhile now, still need to try it, but a couple days ago I made this recipe, which reminded me of yours: http://ohsheglows.com/2013/07/06/chilled-dark-chocolate-pie-with-toasted-almond-crust-and-strawberry-vanilla-compote/
    Aside from the honey, no extra sugar was added in. Very yummy! Glad I had guests to help me eat it.

9. Robyn July 17, 2013 at 6:03 pm - Reply

Korean food is my current favorite!!! I can't get enough kimchi. I've wanted more recipes and will definitely try this this week. Thanks so much!

10. Sam July 17, 2013 at 11:35 pm - Reply

The Elixir sounds delicious! I have a bunch of lavender and have been trying to figure out what else to make besides cupcakes. Although you can never have too many cupcakes, can you?

How long will this keep, do you think?

11. Lauren Lindsey July 18, 2013 at 12:19 am - Reply

Oh Mara! I just made the vegetable bibimbap and it was amazing! So glad to add something new to the dinner rotation 🙂

Lauren

P.S.
    You and Danny's words always make my heart happy, much love.

• mara July 19, 2013 at 10:41 pm - Reply

I can't believe you made the bibimbap already! I want to make it again, too. And isn't the name awesome?! haha.

12. Clover Feet July 18, 2013 at 2:26 am - Reply

I've bookmarked that page for the vegetable bibimbap recipe – it looks so good and I think my husband would even eat it!

13. Michelle Bunt July 18, 2013 at 2:43 am - Reply

The honey elixir looks fabulous. Just wondering where one buys "culinary lavender buds" – never heard of this before? Health food store? I'm assuming from the word "culinary" that that means you can't just use regular lavender buds from the bush in your garden???

14. Anonymous July 18, 2013 at 3:23 am - Reply

i want to try both the elixir AND the bibimbap recipes. question though..what is prosecco? that may be a silly question i guess, but we are not fancy over here.

-rachel

15. Juju July 22, 2013 at 12:30 am - Reply

bibimbop is such a healthy and tasty dish. i'm so happy to see you mention it 🙂 btw, love LOVE your blog.

16. Md Imran January 13, 2014 at 4:28 pm - Reply

While healthcare exploration continues to hype with regards to the use of honey, the idea bee-hooves someone to obtain nearby Honey