An Awesome/Cheap NYC Date

Well, the beauty of “working” here for myself – ha! – is that I take breaks whenever I want to.

And that kind of happened last week.  ðŸ™‚  Danny and I had a glorious long weekend together…and it involved one of the best (& cheapest) dates in Manhattan…
MINI GOLF at Pier 25 (on the Hudson btwn Franklin and N. Moore).
We are still shocked at the price. It only costs FIVE dollars!$%*&@!!!!  I don’t know how that’s even possible.
The views of the city, the Hudson, and the sunset alone are worth another zero.

And yes, keeping score is recommended.  ðŸ™‚  Winner gets to choose dinner.

Danny picked The Meatball Shop (we walked to 64 Greenwich, but there are a few locations elsewhere).  The food is SO good – and also a crazy good value in New York.  I love the gluten-free chicken meatballs – with “Everything but the Kitchen Sink” (it’s meatballs served over the chef’s selection of seasonal market vegetables and greens. $10 and practically enough food for two.)
Have you gone on a great date recently? Any ideas to share? 🙂

And, happy Monday!  Hopefully you all feel rested and got some time off.

1. Lisette July 8, 2013 at 2:35 pm - Reply

I love the Meatball Shop and a great deal in an expensive city is even better.

2. Denise July 8, 2013 at 11:20 pm - Reply

Wow Mara, these pictures are beautiful and what a shot of the Freedom Tower. My Girl Scouts, even though they are entering Sophmore year at College still want to be Troop 2022 forever and we have reunions. Of course in NYC, their favorite daytrips with me. Call me a copycat, but I'm doing this before the girls head out to their dorms. And I know they will make me cry with laughter doing this, love these girls!

3. pneu July 9, 2013 at 3:25 am - Reply

Oh man, look at Danny's chin in the photo of him keeping score. It made me laugh so hard! He has a chin-chin. 🙂

(Sorry, Danny. I'm laughing WITH you…)

• danny July 9, 2013 at 3:37 am - Reply

That is hilarious! Mara and I are laughing too. My extra chin even has it's own set of lips. Does that count as a photo=bomb?

4. Michelle Bunt July 9, 2013 at 5:19 am - Reply

Sounds amazing!

5. shugarlove.com July 9, 2013 at 6:43 am - Reply

Mara – I love to see you smiling and Danny too! I am so happy to see you both enjoying each other. Looks like loads of fun!

Carmen

6. LM July 9, 2013 at 12:36 pm - Reply

During the winter, the river freezes and our city cleans a skate trail and then hires different architecture firms to design and build warming shelters every 500 m or so. It is half winter wonderland and half gallery visit. Also if there is a giant chess board in your city somewhere, and you both play, go for it and see if you can gather a crowd. I like a smoothie during the event so I have something to sip while I strategize.

7. Sara @ Forever and a Recipe July 11, 2013 at 8:21 pm - Reply

Mini-golf is one of my favorite summer dates! My fiance is a huge fan of golf, and since I don't have my own clubs for a real course yet, we like to hit the driving range and the mini-golf course next door. We haven't done it yet this summer, but you've inspired me to surprise him for tomorrow night! 🙂

8. simcoe smith August 27, 2013 at 2:15 pm - Reply

awesome pic good post we can say that escorts Manchester date with play gorgeous lady Danny.