You guys...I can't even tell you how much I've loved the amazing discussions here this week. THANK YOU for joining in. It's just the best. I love having this space to discuss important things with each other. It's so fun to hash this stuff out. So thank you. And wow, you all have the most insightful things to say. I just love it.
And now, a few Love Announcements...
- We highly recommend Pok Pok NY for a date night! (It's right on the waterfront on Columbia St., in Brooklyn...just down from Brooklyn Bridge Park). We also saw they were preparing the lot next door as a garden eating space for the summer. No doubt it will be magical to dine under the stars! [Btw, Danny loved the Vietnamese Chicken Wings (not GF) and we both loved the Vermicelli Curry dish and the Flank Steak Salad.]
- I loved the table cloths at Pok Pok. You know me, I asked where they're from and you can buy the vinyl cloth by the roll at Mendel's, in San Francisco. It would be so perfect for a kitchen table or an outdoor table (for those so lucky to have either :).
- I just got my hair colored (& new bangs) by Christie Somers. This woman is TALENTED. And I don't say that lightly. I knew her when we both starting out in NYC in our early twenties. Since then she has had an amazing career and travels all over for her clients. (Something fun to know: she is the personal stylist for Ann and Mitt Romney and traveled with them all over during the campaign.) She lives in Salt Lake City but flies to NYC for clients every 6-8 weeks. Contact her here to set up an appt. And, a major bonus for New Yorkers: she typically will come to your HOME to do your hair. Sooooo nice!!!! Her prices are also much less than you'd normally have to pay here in the city. (She's also one of the nicest people ever.)
- And, some exciting news for me: I'm going to Alt Summit NYC! Alt is SUCH an amazing, well-done event. And there's just something so fun about getting together with other bloggers. I can't wait. Will you be there? I'd love to meet you!! (You can find me hosting the craft session that morning.)
- I am just loving the swimsuits at J.Crew. I bought this one. And I just saw they have 30% off ALL swimwear until June 2!! (Swimwear also gets free shipping both ways.)
- The new round of IVF shots continue to go so well. I can't believe it. We're still doing our little "routine" and it makes me feel so calm. I think focusing on relaxing has helped a TON. Just trying to give a glimmer of hope to people out there going through this process, since you typically only hear the horror stories. Anyway, things are moving along..we're getting closer and closer to the embryo transfer.
- And, THIS article. It's just dead on. 15 Things You Should Give Up To Be Happy. To me, SURRENDERING really is the key to life. It reminds me of The Power of Now and A New Earth, two books that were truly transformative to me when I began changing my life for good.
And, do you have any 'love announcements' to share? (any good news, a new find, something fun you're up to this weekend, a great article or book, etc. :)
Follow A BLOG ABOUT LOVE on: