Celebrating Something Special Today…

Today is the anniversary of our wedding, 3 years ago.

My heart could not be more full.

This man by my side has been so, so good to me.  You just wouldn’t believe it.  It brings me to tears tonight as we’re ever so grateful to celebrate our marriage.  We consider it such a miracle.

Tonight, in our prayer, Danny said, “We are grateful to abide in Thy love.”

(oh, the words he uses.)

And, I think that has been the key to our joyful marriage – to feel love from God – for this beautiful life – all of it – to be grateful for both the good and the bad.  And in turn, to seek to be a conduit of that love and offer that love to others (and to each other).

THAT is it.  I mean it.  It really is that simple.

We try as much as we can to share with you what trying to live that kind of life looks like.  We are not perfect at living that life, but we feel the joy from trying, and we get better at it with each new experience life brings.

And in case you are struggling on your journey or feeling a loss of hope or strength or worth, may you feel love and support and kindness from us.  This blog really is dedicated to you.

With love,

Danny & Mara

P.S.  Something I’ve written is in the Deseret News today (Salt Lake City’s newspaper).  They asked me to submit a piece for Mother’s Day.  And it turns out they decided to run two pieces! So there should be another in the next few days.

(Photo by the amazing Rachel Thurston.)

1. Anonymous May 7, 2013 at 2:06 pm - Reply

Congratulations Mara and Danny!!! I hope and pray that I can one day have a marriage as beautiful as yours.

Enjoy your special day you love birds 🙂

2. Camille May 7, 2013 at 2:33 pm - Reply

Happy Anniversary! You both inspire me, and lift me up when I feel discouraged or lonely. Have a beautiful day 🙂

3. Allyson May 7, 2013 at 2:39 pm - Reply

Happy Anniversary! Our 3rd anniversary is tomorrow, and like you, my heart is so full of love! I wish you a beautiful day!

4. Anna May 7, 2013 at 3:29 pm - Reply

Happy anniversary! That was a beautiful article. You inspire me with healthy attitude and hope.
    ps Rachel did the photography for our wedding too. She's amazing!

5. Lisette May 7, 2013 at 4:03 pm - Reply

Loved your thoughtful article in Desert News.

6. Anonymous May 7, 2013 at 5:01 pm - Reply

Congratulations and Happy Anniversary 🙂 Love reading your blog day in and out 🙂

7. Garren and Larissa Allred May 7, 2013 at 7:19 pm - Reply

Happy Anniversary! Our 2nd Wedding Anniversary was yesterday 🙂 I loved your Deseret Article. Looking forward to the next one!

8. KelliO May 7, 2013 at 9:58 pm - Reply

Happy Anniversary! Thanks for sharing your journey with us.

9. Emily May 8, 2013 at 3:44 am - Reply

Happy Anniversary!! Thank you so, so much for being a life-changing example for me of what true love looks like, as it was made to be. I'm so grateful for your lessons and your vulnerability with portraying them, and I can't wait for the day that I get to share in this love with someone in marriage someday.

10. Kristen May 8, 2013 at 3:49 am - Reply

Happy, Happy Anniversary! Thanks to you both for your fine example of love.

11. Scarlett May 8, 2013 at 5:44 pm - Reply

Hope you had a lovely anniversary (sounds like you did)! Loved your article in the paper. Go Mara!

12. Lindsay May 8, 2013 at 9:48 pm - Reply

I just wanted to say thank you for that article you linked that you wrote for Deseret News. So lovely. What a beautiful example you are to both those who deal with infertility and those who do not.

13. Corine May 9, 2013 at 4:24 am - Reply

Happy Anniversary! 😀 It is SO GREAT to see two people LOVE each other SO MUCH! 🙂
    Corine 😀

14. Corine May 9, 2013 at 4:29 am - Reply

I just read your article on Deseret… FABULOUS! What a great example! Beautiful!!! Thank you!
    Corine 😀

15. Leandro May 19, 2013 at 3:01 pm - Reply

I have read, listened and so I thank you because I love. may be useful

16. Ikaneng Khoza May 23, 2013 at 12:00 pm - Reply

thank you being an inspiration to married couples, may the Lord bless you exceedingly above all you could ever ask or think.