I am way too excited to share with you our new favorite drink. Our friends up the block introduced us to Crio Bru and a we’ve been going nuts over it ever since. Have you tried it?? It brews just like coffee, but it’s made from cocoa beans instead and it has the BEST dark, roasted, chocolatey flavor. Danny and I just LOOOVE it. Ok, we may be a little excited here. We don’t drink coffee and so we’re learning how fun it is to have a new little ritual. Here’s our favorite place to enjoy a cup at the end of the day…
10 Reasons We’re Going Nuts Over Crio Bru:
1. We take turns making it for each other. I don’t know…I just love it when Danny gets the mugs and starts to make a batch. 🙂
2. It smells A-M-A-ZING while it’s brewing and the smell fills our entire apt.
3. It usually brings on good conversation. It’s nice to sit and chat and sip away. Or we’ll drink it with popcorn while watching a movie. Either way, it’s just all cozy.
4. Crio Bru is totally natural and has just has ONE ingredient: 100% cocoa beans. NO sugar, NO sodium, NO dairy, NO additives and only 1.5 grams of carbohydrates per cup. It’s only 10 calories and contains no fat. The cocoa beans also provide a natural (non-addictive) rise in energy and they are a natural appetite suppressant.
5. Crio Bru is caffeine free – or it may contain just up to 1,000 parts per million (less than 1/20th of the caffeine in coffee.) So cool. It’s such a great alternative to caffeine.
6. Raw cocoa beans, by weight, have more antioxidants than almost any food in the world!! You know I’m on doctor’s orders to get as many antioxidants as I possibly can. So drinking this stuff is a dream. Even after it has roasted and brewed, Crio Bru has 150% more antioxidants than pure pomegranate juice!! As if I need to be convinced to drink dark chocolate. 🙂
Have I enticed you yet?!? 🙂
7. It’s a good excuse to buy those awesome mugs from Kate Spade Saturday (most are just $10!)
8. The cocoa grounds can be reused for another round of chocolate brew or you can add them to smoothies, brownies, or use as a compost or body scrub. I’m already starting to see recipes out there.
9. Crio Bru follows fair trade practices and is organic (aside from one flavor). The organic certification label will be available soon.
10. It’s a nice thing to serve guests. We love having this when people are over.
See why this is our new favorite drink? It’s the first thing we had when we returned home from West Virginia. We just love it. Danny adds a little honey to his and sometimes a little cream. I love mine plain.
You can order some Crio Bru on-line HERE. I’d love to hear if you try it! Our favorite flavors so far are Cocoa River, Cavalla, and Maracaibo.
AND – – by the way, the best way to make Crio Bru is with a French Press. They make me feel all fancy and it’s been fun using one.
I got to test out several of what I would consider are the best looking French Presses. I wrote a post here on Babble so you could see which ones we like the best & why. We did have a favorite 🙂 Here’s a sneak preview:
See my full round-up here.
I was delighted to have this post sponsored by Crio Bru. I also received some French presses to try out from Freiling, Bodum, and BonJour. Mugs from Kate Spade Saturday. Mint sweatshirt & mint jeans by Kate Spade Saturday.
Follow A BLOG ABOUT LOVE on:
Facebook (We so appreciate all the “likes”! thank you.)
ABAL Book Club
Babble Voices & The Equals Record