Old School Sandals

I love old school sandals.  In fact, I wrote a whole post over at Babble listing some of my favorites that I’ve been seeing around Brooklyn.  And I got all opinionated on you….

The post is called, “Saying No to Salt Water Sandals.  14 Alternatives.”

Eeks.

Sorry!

I’m terrible, I know.  Salt Waters are so well loved.  I could be the only one on the opposite side of that fence.

Of course sandals of ANY kind will do!  🙂  It will just be awesome to wear sandals, period.

Cheers to lots of days in the park!

Do you love Salt Waters?  What other old school sandals do you love?

(sandals shown:  1 / 2 / 3)

Follow A BLOG ABOUT LOVE on:
Twitter @ablogaboutlove
Pinterest

Facebook
 (We so appreciate all the “likes”!  thank you.)
ABAL Book Club
Babble Voices & The Equals Record

1. calinai April 10, 2013 at 3:04 am - Reply

worishofer, I am seriously picky about sandals…my feet have issues, and I've tried a lot of things, and worishofer is the only not hideous sandal (matter of opinion) I can wear on a regular basis, unless you count chacos, but not with a skirt (actually I did that everyday on my mission)…and I wear skirts/dresses almost everyday.

2. Brooke April 10, 2013 at 4:09 am - Reply

Haha I am with you Mara. I wore salt waters from the time I could walk until I was about 10… and that's the age range I think they should stay in!

3. Jenny D. April 10, 2013 at 1:56 pm - Reply

I'm not a saltwater fan either. My feet are a bit funny so I usually have to go with a flip-flop style for sandals, but even then I still have to be pretty picky. With it still being so cold here, I mirror your sentiment that being able to wear sandals at all would be so nice!

4. Rachel April 10, 2013 at 3:20 pm - Reply

I love salt waters! I got my first pair last summer and loved them! I just pulled them out a couple weeks ago and have been wearing them for spring and I have recieced lots of compliments on them! My first baby is due in July, and I'm totally getting her a pair of baby salt waters!

Love you Mara 🙂

5. ellen April 10, 2013 at 3:46 pm - Reply

I wore those top ones in jr. high! I want them again!!

6. Amanda April 10, 2013 at 3:58 pm - Reply

I love saltwaters because they're reminiscent of my childhood. I don't own a pair, not sure I would like them as an adult, or if I'd find them comfy, but I LOVE all the colors they now come in.

7. Anonymous April 10, 2013 at 4:58 pm - Reply

Totally agree about the Salt Waters! I just can't get on board with that trend.

Jane

8. Anonymous April 10, 2013 at 8:14 pm - Reply

Hello Mara,
    I live in New Zealand and have a feeling you will like these sandals, especially the slip on white slide hole punched sandals.
    The link is http://sandal.co.nz/Category.asp?App=1&Category=2.
    Enjoy the coming of summer, we are in Autumn. Crisp, blue mornings, what a treat.
    Debs x

9. katilda April 10, 2013 at 9:43 pm - Reply

Mostly I just don't want to spend upwards of $50 on ANY sandals…haha. I just find a pair at payless or Target that I like every year and then wear 'em out for a couple summers. I don't mind going cheaper on sandals since my taste in them is bound to change by the time they are worn out anyway!

10. Martha April 11, 2013 at 10:36 pm - Reply

i love my saltwaters! however, i was just on the hunt for an alternative. so i found some bolo sandals at jcp. comfy and cute. mission accomplished. can't wait to see what else you found. i had such a hard time finding anything that i almost bought ANOTHER pair of saltwaters. i like them. but not enough to have 2.

11. anna April 12, 2013 at 1:36 am - Reply

I love my saltwater sandals. Yes my girls wear them too but I don't mind matching them and they love matching mom! They are the most comfortable sandals. I wear them all day at Disneyland. And I always get millions of compliments on them. And they last forever. Best sandals. I have three colors.

12. tawnya April 14, 2013 at 3:41 pm - Reply

I've never even heard of Saltwaters until right now. This post. But I think they're cute!

13. Dominique April 15, 2013 at 10:36 pm - Reply

Funny, I hadn't even heard of Saltwaters until your post – would have looked darling on Chloe back in the day. Those APC's you've pictured look exactly like my Kork-Ease sandals which are about 1/3 the cost of APC's. I love them. Not too clunky, but solid enough to handle several blocks of concrete. Cheers.