Side Barrettes

I’ve been loving side barrettes lately.  Such an easy way to dress up an outfit – or just make your look feel different, which is always fun.  And it’s the perfect way to make your bed head look finished.  🙂

(the above barrette is from Ban.do.  They come in a few colors.  So cute.  Here’s another cute glitter one, too.)

This is working nicely for me:

1.   Use a barrette on the larger side, so it can make a bold statement.

2.   Make a deep side part.

3.   Slightly smooth out the combed over hair and then fasten the barrette – near the temple or so.

I got my barrette at H&M.

And even better than barrettes, want to REALLY put a spring in your step?

1.  Make this roasted chicken.

2.  Deliver to a new mom.

Yep, that will do it.  I gave that a try this week (my first roasted chicken ever) and it worked like a charm.

M

(Images: 1 / 2 / 3)

Follow A BLOG ABOUT LOVE on:
Twitter @ablogaboutlove
Pinterest

Facebook
 (We so appreciate all the “likes”!  thank you.)
ABAL Book Club
Babble Voices & The Equals Record

1. Chloe Moon March 4, 2013 at 5:55 pm - Reply

I wish I rocked the side barrette more! My hair is always in my face!! =)

Ergo – Blog

2. Miggy March 4, 2013 at 7:41 pm - Reply

You can also make that chicken by just throwing it in the crock pot. I'm doing that today and delivering to a family in our ward (weird psychic twin power!) It's like having a rotisserie chicken–super moist and falls off the bone. Once I take it out and pick all the meat off the bones I put all the bones, and stuff back in with a bunch of water for about 5 more hours and make my own chicken stock. Love doing this. Although roasted in a cast iron skillet is a bit more romantic… 🙂

• mara March 5, 2013 at 8:29 pm - Reply

Miggy – – I totally need to do a crock pot chicken. K, you've inspired me. And homemade chicken stock? You're my hero.

3. Lisa | Happy By March 4, 2013 at 9:57 pm - Reply

You look like a doll. Just the right touch for spring days ahead. Also, you gave me e very good idea to keep my bush looking not like a bush 🙂
    Have a sunny week guys!
    xo

4. Anonymous March 4, 2013 at 10:07 pm - Reply

You are the best!!

5. Morgan Reece March 5, 2013 at 12:58 am - Reply

i love that you wrote this blog post cause just the other day i was thinkin how i needed to buy some barrette's and didn't know who had any good ones. anywho…thanks! love em!

morgan