29 March 2013
It's been awhile! Today, a few things I've been wanting to share with you..
1. First up, these amazing Subway eggs (made with stickers from Office Max). LOVE them, of course. See here for the full instructions. (Thanks, Sarah!) I saw that one woman liked the idea of numbering the eggs because they always lose some during the Easter egg hunt. Not a bad idea.
2. A really great article on happy marriages: Friendship, More Than Romance, Leads to Happy Marriages. So good.
3. A date night suggestion: a MOTH STORY SLAM!
We FINALLY went to one of these. They host them in different spaces in Manhattan & Brooklyn (as well as in many cities in the country. See here for the schedule.) The one we went to was at the Housing Works Bookstore on Crosby Street, which is such a great little gem in the city (the place was packed!) People stand and share TRUE stories - based on a theme - in 5 minutes or less. Plan for heartfelt, funny, shocking, and unbelievable stories.
4. Over the last few weeks, Danny and I have been watching a new epic mini series by the History Channel called The Bible. It's actually really good! I really recommend it. And I'll admit, it's been clearing up a lot of things for me. :) haha. The finale will air on Easter. There is also a DVD you can buy if you'd like to see the whole series...or maybe you can download it somehow online?
5. A trick to calm an argument with your spouse.
6. A new way to make a quiche crust (using shredded potatoes!) I think I'll actually be able to use this crust to pull off a dairy-free, gluten-free quiche!
And, sending love to you all for a wonderful Easter weekend and the new beginnings that it represents. This is one of my favorite Easter sermons. But I'd also love to hear if any of you have a favorite sermon, tradition, article or passage that you enjoy during Easter. Please share!