Yes to LOVE!

This time of year brings back so many ridiculously awesome memories as Danny proposed to me.  Ahhhh……I had never felt more excited, happy, & loved in my whole life!!!  🙂  🙂

Well, I just saw this video today of a marriage proposal – and I just HAD to show it to you.  Oh man, it made me cry!  It’s just so full of LOVE.  And it reminds me of the excitement and love I felt when Danny proposed.  ENJOY!

M

P.S.  Danny recorded his proposal to me on video, too, and it’s awesome. 🙂  🙂  🙂  🙂  I can’t wait to show it to you soon.  We still have some awesome ‘Love Story‘ letters to share with you.  But you’ll love the way that story ends.  (If you’d like to catch up on those letters, see the sidebar for ‘Love Story’).

P.P.S.  If you liked this video, see a second video Isaac made a year later, “Yes to Love!” – which is all about family and kids and love.  I have to say – it’s really great.  And it makes me excited to have a family, which is something I appreciate so much as we are going through a bunch to get one and it’s so nice to have lots of motivation.  🙂  Speaking of which, I go in for my endometriosis surgery TOMORROW.  I’ve never had a surgery before, so this is so new to me.  But luckily I have been active and full of purpose this week and haven’t really thought about it much.  I just hope in the moment that I’m laying on that table that any nerves will be calm.  I know I’ll be thinking of God and trying to feel that alignment.  It’s what I always do in a moment of fear.  It really does bring me some peace.

Follow A BLOG ABOUT LOVE on:
Twitter @ablogaboutlove
Pinterest

Facebook
 (We so appreciate all the “likes”!  thank you.)
ABAL Book Club
Babble Voices & The Equals Record

1. Heather February 21, 2013 at 2:29 pm - Reply

Good luck with the surgery! I hope everything goes well! Someone I knew had this…and a year later, a baby was on the way, so I'm wishing you the same good luck!

2. Mer February 21, 2013 at 2:38 pm - Reply

Good luck with your surgery! Prayers and good thoughts are coming your way!

3. Miggy February 21, 2013 at 3:10 pm - Reply

I love that video…one of my favorite proposals ever. Dancing? Check. Singing? Check. Silliness and love? Check. I had not seen the follow up video though and now I'm totally crying over that one. So amazing isn't it? Well sending you love and good vibes and prayers and hugs. I hope you do feel peace and comfort, but it's OK to feel nervous too. 🙂 I know you'll come through with flying colors and an even more awesome uterus! (ha!)

4. Maggie February 21, 2013 at 3:40 pm - Reply

Praying for you Mara. I have a feeling you will be blessed with an outpouring of peace and clarity before your surgery.

5. KelliO February 21, 2013 at 4:28 pm - Reply

Best to you tomorrow! I hope it all goes well and you can take it easy. When I had knee surgery, I remember feeling happy it was happening, because I knew it would be better in the long run, but also scared because it was about to get harder. I also said, as I entered the operating room, "I hope I never come back here." It was scary, but very doable. I just let myself cry it all out afterwards with someone who loves me close by. No doubt you have the confidence and support to make it through very well!

6. Angie February 21, 2013 at 4:42 pm - Reply

Best of luck with your surgery, Mara! My husband is also having surgery tomorrow, so I am hoping I can keep him comfortable and happy in the coming weeks.

P.S. Can I ask who your surgeon is? I actually spoke w/Dr. Bravaman (per your recommendation) and he suggested I see an endo specialist. Hope all goes well tomorrow!

7. Camille February 21, 2013 at 5:19 pm - Reply

Mara! Prayers to you tomorrow and your sweetheart. I believe with absoluteness, that the Lord bring us our children….one way or the other! We adopted our sweet little girl, after years of infertility. Now she is 8! And now the Dr has finally figured out the reason for the years of my infertility. But I knew all along….I would not have this sweet little girl if she would have grown in my belly….and I am so so so grateful for her. Love is all that matters. xoxo!

8. Camille February 21, 2013 at 5:34 pm - Reply

and P.S. how cute, and touching are those videos? thanks for always inspiring!

9. Kate February 21, 2013 at 10:32 pm - Reply

praying for you!

10. Rachel February 22, 2013 at 2:12 am - Reply

Good luck tomorrow Mara! I'll be praying for you and Danny from here! You are so inspiring.

11. Alexis February 22, 2013 at 2:54 am - Reply

Sending many prayers and wishes to you, Mara!

12. Garren and Larissa Allred February 22, 2013 at 5:59 am - Reply

I bawled through both of those videos. Amazing. Good luck! I know a lot of prayers will be said for you! 🙂

13. Shauna February 22, 2013 at 6:08 am - Reply

Good luck on your surgery! I have had endometriosis since I was 15. I have started detailing my experiences on my blog if you'd like to read and get some insight. I would love to share some experiences with you if you have any questions or are wondering what's ahead! Please email me with any questions or concerns! For reals! http://www.whatshaunaknows.com

14. Senja February 22, 2013 at 9:43 am - Reply

Good luck with the surgery! 🙂

Thanks for posting the follow up video! I saw the proposal a few months ago and just loved it, I also cried in the end and showed it to my husband who also got all teary eyed 😉

15. Corine February 22, 2013 at 3:29 pm - Reply

That was magical! 😀 Thanks so much for sharing these videos, and I pray your surgery goes wonderfully!

16. Angela June February 22, 2013 at 9:02 pm - Reply

That proposal was AMAZING!!! What a guy! Thanks for sharing. Love your blog! Love your focus on love! Sending lots of love your way – good luck with your surgery. Wishing you and Danny all the best.

17. Jane February 24, 2013 at 2:38 am - Reply

Your comments about your surgery remind me of a line from Brene Brown that has been on my mind lately. "Practice gratitude and joy in the moments of terror."

Good luck, I hope it all goes well.

18. Livyb February 24, 2013 at 3:27 am - Reply

Hope your surgery went very well, Mara! Prayers being sent your way.

19. Victoria Michael February 25, 2013 at 7:01 am - Reply

Really so lovable proposal and just praying for you….Good Luck with your surgery! Women Escorts

20. babyboyhospital May 21, 2013 at 8:32 pm - Reply