Scarves

You guys know I love hats.  Well, I also love scarves.  They remind me of living in Paris.  And they’re just so classy and feminine and practical.  You generally only see them worn this way in vintage photos or in styled shoots, but not so much in real life.  I say we change that and add some scarves to our outings this winter and spring (and, of course, during our weekend trips to Nantucket this summer in a convertible MG.  πŸ™‚

What do you think?  Do you like the idea of wearing a head scarf?  I think it would be a lovely trademark.
P.S.  Do you have a favorite source for scarves?  I love scouting for vintage scarves on ebay – there are so many amazing patterns and colors!

Follow A BLOG ABOUT LOVE on:
Twitter @ablogaboutlove
Pinterest

Facebook
 (We so appreciate all the “likes”!  thank you.)
ABAL Book Club
Babble Voices & The Equals Record

1. Lauren January 9, 2013 at 3:29 pm - Reply

I love the romantic look of a head scarf- also the perfect way to tackle a bad hair day.
    I make all my own scarves these days- that way I get to choose the exact colors and sizes I want πŸ™‚ I've been making infinity scarves like crazy, but this post has inspired me to add some smaller, head sized scarves to my shop!

• mara January 9, 2013 at 7:58 pm - Reply

ooooh…the perfect thing for a bed head day. I didn't think of that! The corner stores around here are going to start seeing me in scarves a lot. πŸ™‚

2. katilda January 9, 2013 at 4:14 pm - Reply

so classy! i currently have a scarf around my neck, as i do many days πŸ™‚ i've pulled them up over my head if i'm caught in the rain or my ears or freezing, etc. it's kind of my life goal to be an eccentric old woman (i'm only 25 but i'm on my way) and i think a head scarf is probably a good place to start!

3. jenni January 9, 2013 at 4:45 pm - Reply

A friend of mine lost all her hair to alopecia so she wears a wig and, on windy days, ties it down with a scarf this way. It looks ADORABLE on her but I think my chin is too pointy to pull it off. πŸ™‚

4. Tiffany January 9, 2013 at 5:35 pm - Reply

this is so timely for me, i recently purchased a few vintage scarves and was given a few more for Christmas. i am trying to figure out how to wear them.

5. Sally January 9, 2013 at 6:40 pm - Reply

I'm in! My 6 month old daughter is too. I'll look for you around the neighborhood (we're park slopers too). πŸ™‚

• mara January 9, 2013 at 7:59 pm - Reply

Oh – how fun! Do say hello if we cross paths. Oh, a six month old in a scarf…yes, please! πŸ™‚

6. Ashante Greenlee January 9, 2013 at 7:29 pm - Reply

maybe if your area has a clothing swap shop bi-monthly, or you and your friends get together for a clothing swap. We have one in particular here in Orlando and its through a company called Other People's Property which is on Etsy and is vintage clothing and accessories. πŸ™‚

7. shawn52 January 9, 2013 at 7:35 pm - Reply
  8. Jess January 10, 2013 at 3:43 am - Reply

I always wear one during the summer on the motorcycle. i love it. i feel so retro and kick ass when i wear mine.
    and that top photo looks like you. was that picture taken of you?

9. Anonymous January 10, 2013 at 8:09 am - Reply

Mmmm nice photos!

My favourite source for scarves is definately http://www.countingflowers.co.uk, a web shop with a lovely collection handmade scarves. Big choice, natural fibres and wonderful concept.

10. Scarfaddict January 10, 2013 at 8:18 am - Reply

Great post, great pictures, thanks.
    My favorite source for scarves is http://www.countingflowers.co.uk

11. GiveMeLove January 11, 2013 at 4:11 pm - Reply
  12. Stephanie SAMUEL January 12, 2013 at 4:22 am - Reply

I love scarves too but I'd like to learn some new ways to wear them.

13. Liz January 13, 2013 at 6:01 pm - Reply

It's funny… I always picture myself as an old woman with roller set curls, Jackie O glasses, wearing one of these scarfs with the top down in my tortoise shell teal convertible Thunderbird. Maybe I should start the trend sooner!!

14. Erin January 15, 2013 at 10:40 pm - Reply

In some cultures they still wear them like this, like all the ladies in red square, maybe because it's really cold there…

15. Debbie Burgam January 22, 2013 at 12:49 pm - Reply

These are sooooo much prettier than the knit caps being worn now! I wish this look would trend again.

16. Debbie Burgam January 22, 2013 at 1:01 pm - Reply

17. Jessica Buurman February 25, 2014 at 9:44 am - Reply

i too love scarves a lot.. I used to buy them from http://www.shopjessicabuurman.com/accessories-scarves-snoods_c248
    you must check them for once.. you will definitely going to love them all

18. Amanda Harris March 29, 2014 at 2:26 am - Reply

Love your images!! I think wearing a head scarf is sooo sexy and elegant. I must say im a bit obsessed with scarves in general. My most recent addition to my collection was from http://www.edwinpireh.com handmade in Italy and so beautiful xx

19. JessicaBuurman May 22, 2014 at 5:53 am - Reply

these are soooooooooo much cute,,,,,,,,thanks for sharing,,,,,,,,,,,
    Jessica Buurman