My Little Trip to Chicago

I got asked to host an event in Chicago for Babble & Levi’s and I was THRILLED because my older brother and his wife and two children live in downtown Chicago.  I was so happy to go visit them and also see their new home.  And I was super excited I got to go with my sister-in-law on one of her #dailywalks that she posts about on Twitter  🙂  She encourages everyone to tweet a photo from their daily walk so we can inspire each other to get moving!  I know every time I see one of her tweets, I feel inspired to get out there.

She lives right on the harbor of Chicago and I just loved soaking up her world for a day – you can see what we saw on our walk right here.  She’s also a raw foodie and makes amazing things to eat.  She made me these almond coconut macaroons and I just loved them – especially from the plane on the way home.

Want to get a peak at their gorgeous flat?  I loved getting a peak, so I thought you might like to as well.  They are in the process of furnishing their home and they would love to hire a designer to help them.  They want to make it very kid-friendly!  Do you know of any designers that you would recommend for the project?  Or do you have any great kid-friendly design ideas to pass along?

I loved this space they had for kids’ projects, games, and books.  We’re kind of a game and book family.  🙂
Loved these cheerful little things in their window.
This couch was ridiculously comfortable (they got it from Room & Board).  It had a quality that I’ve decided is essential in a couch….it must be deep enough for two people, side by side.  Anything else is just a shame 🙂

My niece has a book with her at all times 🙂
I love this poster.  (They used to live on Printers Row, in Chicago.)

Chalkboard!
Loved this beautiful tub.  Of course my photo doesn’t do it justice.
My SIL said I should shower here – and it was soooo nice.  I mean, a built-in steamer and rain shower?  Yes, please.
The End.
Looking forward to visiting Chicago again soon.
(A big family Thanksgiving dinner and lots of game nights are in order! 🙂

P.S.  I wrote a bit more about my Levi’s weekend here & here on Babble.

Follow A BLOG ABOUT LOVE on:
Twitter @ablogaboutlove
Pinterest

Facebook
 (We so appreciate all the “likes”!  thank you.)
ABAL Book Club
Babble Voices & The Equals Record

1. ordinette October 2, 2012 at 9:48 am - Reply

Hello!
    I am really loving your blog. It's so heartfelt, sincere and inspiring. Add a new fan to your follower! Have a great day!
    laura

ps. you would be more than welcome if you'd like to drop by and visit my blog.

• mara October 7, 2012 at 2:42 am - Reply

Thanks for your sweet note. I'm always so happy to see new readers here! 🙂

2. Autumn October 2, 2012 at 12:04 pm - Reply

They have a beautiful home! I think it is so funny how many different styles people decorate their homes in. I don't particularly enjoy a modern style, but they make it look cozy.

3. Jenny D. October 2, 2012 at 1:37 pm - Reply

They should check out the Novagratz designs, they are amazing at mixing textures & colors and they always make the rooms/homes they design so functional and livable. The pictures of your brother and SIL's home reminded me of them anyway!

4. sanctuaryhome October 2, 2012 at 2:24 pm - Reply

I am actually a designer that just moved to Chicago and would love to help them out. Please feel free to have her email me at jamie@jamiefoleyinteriors.com or through my blog sanctuaryhome.wordpress.com. I am excited to grow my business in Chicago, so I would love the opportunity.

5. Tiffany October 2, 2012 at 4:12 pm - Reply

My good friend Leslie just started a interior design business and she is AMAZING!! She is based in Los Angeles but is willing to travel: http://www.lesliepaugh.com/

6. Dominique October 2, 2012 at 6:54 pm - Reply

Hmmm, I'm thinking someone needs to go pick up all that clutter. Oh, that would be me . Had too much fun talking with you, rather than pick up.

• mara October 7, 2012 at 2:43 am - Reply

I think the clutter is endearing! It makes it all the more evident that some cute kids live there 🙂

7. Aubrey October 2, 2012 at 8:32 pm - Reply

I worked for an interior designer, http://www.cweisner.com, he's in LA, but travels for the right client. He's amazing. Aimee Song, of the blog songofstyle (which is a great personal style blog)…she is an interior designer, haven't seen her work, but if her work is a reflection of her own home; she's great. p.s. your niece is gorgeous.

8. chelsea October 6, 2012 at 4:13 am - Reply

cool house!!

9. Saya October 8, 2012 at 12:49 am - Reply

I run a group of female entrepreneurs in Chicago, and one of my members has a wonderful design firm: http://thecravecompany.com/directory/chicago-roomten-design/

And Tai is a joy to be around! Nice to find that combo of skilled AND friendly.

Love your blog —