Today I’m particularly excited about this round up of recommendations….
- Let’s talk tights. How about a monochromatic or an “almost” monochromatic look? This dress was red/orange and the tights were bright red. It got some lookers. I have a royal blue skirt and I want to get some dark teal tights to wear with it. And I have a burnt orange skirt and want to get some dark fuschia tights to wear with it. You get the idea. We’ll see how that goes. 🙂 My favorite source for tights? We Love Colors. We gave them lots of business during the Harvey Faircloth days (also thanks to this Harvey post on Cup of Jo). (Also, if you’re small, get the kids’ size in large and you can save a few bucks.)
- Brooklyn, Brooklyn, Brooklyn! GOOP always has the best recommendations. Bushwick, who knew. 🙂 (Thx to StephModo for passing along!)
- For anyone feeling like they’re in a dark tunnel right now or feeling low, dark or uncertain…read this great article from The Power of Moms!!! Loved it.
- Check-list for Fall/Winter: VITAMIN D! (Read here for Dr. info. about why this is SOOO important for mental & physical health!) I have actually been low on it for years. eeks! My doctor says almost every New Yorker is severely low on it and just about everyone in the country should be taking a supplement during the fall and winter (ask your Dr. for a blood test!) I take these Vitamin D drops. My doctor says emulsified Vitamin D is more easily absorbed and therefore more effective. (More seasonal mental tips here.)
- Quinoa Pumpkin Pancakes! (I haven’t had pancakes in years. My Saturday mornings are looking better and better. Thanks, Rik! 🙂 Oh – and I’d make these with almond milk & coconut oil instead of butter 🙂
- I see some potential in these shoes from Target! 🙂
- And holy crap, I got asked to speak at Alt Summit in Salt Lake City. WOW. Such an honor, especially considering one year ago I was so new to the scene. I can’t believe it. And I hope to meet some of you there. I also would love to see more of your blogs!!
Wishing you all lots of good and restful moments this weekend. Danny and I will be with friends on a foliage outing. If it rains we’ll be at suburbia malls and The Cheesecake Factory (you have no idea how exciting those things are for New Yorkers 🙂
Love to all,