Rio de Janeiro

We are in Rio!  (And we’re in heaven.)
So far we’ve eaten lots of amazing food (that includes rice and beans for nearly every meal, which is our favorite.)
Danny has loved being back here and it’s so fun to see him speak Portuguese.
Today we saw this view…
And saw the Cristo Redentor.
We woke up to this sunrise…
…And hung out at Copacabana Beach.  This beach is truly amazing.  It also has more bare butts than I’ve ever seen on a beach 🙂  But I tell ya, these women own their bodies – – doesn’t matter what shape they’re in.

I’m already dreaming about breakfast again tomorrow.  (The fruit could be the best I’ve ever had.)  And yes, that is fresh watermelon juice and papaya juice.  Pure heaven.
Here’s a typical scene in the neighborhood.
I love, love these sidewalks!  This pattern is everywhere you go and Danny says it can be found all over Brazil.  Amazing.

I couldn’t pass up some of these colorful beads made from seeds.

But before all that, I had to go to the dentist just after arriving in Rio.  Yep.  I had a cracked tooth.  🙁

Hope you all are having a wonderful start to the summer!!  And hope you all have some great plans ahead.

With Love from Brazil,

Danny & Mara

Follow @ablogaboutlove on Twitter & Pinterest

1. Freja June 5, 2012 at 6:09 am - Reply

I simply love that checked shirt. It has little sleeves to cover Gs! Love that!

2. Macey Peterson June 5, 2012 at 7:06 am - Reply

your blog is fabulous. love all the advice on marriage & being your best self. i am trying to take it to heart as a newlywed. 🙂

i am jealous you are in rio! my family lives in brasil & i absolutely love it there. enjoy!

3. Anonymous June 5, 2012 at 10:06 am - Reply

Enjoy! Enjoy!!!!

4. Amanda June 5, 2012 at 1:52 pm - Reply

It looks like you're having a fantastic time! Enjoy it!!

5. RATCH June 5, 2012 at 3:05 pm - Reply

"I want to go to there" 😉

6. Maria June 5, 2012 at 4:09 pm - Reply

oh gosh, all those photos are just amazing. I love the light and your darling outfits!

7. Tere Shake June 5, 2012 at 4:53 pm - Reply

oh i want to go there. it is the top place on my list to see! beautiful. hope you enjoy the rest of your trip and that that tooth doesnt bother you too much!

8. Chloé Mae June 5, 2012 at 7:52 pm - Reply

The breakfast looks amazing! And I love your plaid top with the white pants!

9. Jenni Austria Germany June 6, 2012 at 4:46 am - Reply

love your outfits. !

10. JP Peterson June 7, 2012 at 2:46 am - Reply

Querido Mara e Danny.
    Number one. I'm a little bit in love with this blog and just like a billion other people, it has helped me in my personal progression, especially recently.
    Number two. You are in the most amazing country with the most amazing people. About a year ago I returned from an 18 month mission there and I keep dreaming of it.
    The fact that Danny speaks Portuguese kind of makes me love you guys even more. If you go to the north or better, the northeast, YOU HAVE TO try suco de acerola and Jaca. HAVE FUN!

11. thatscelia June 7, 2012 at 2:55 am - Reply

That is a whole lot of holy! Love all your photos. You guys truly deserve this break–you've been working your butts off. Enjoy Rio and best wishes for your tooth's speedy recovery!