The Marriage Nurse

Today we met the most wonderful woman.

She is a nurse and came to our home for a blood test related to insurance.

She was telling us about her wonderful husband, who was waiting for her downstairs in the car and who accompanied her to her appointments as he wanted her to be safe while going into strangers’ homes.

She started talking to us about marriage……and we were just smiling from ear to ear.  This woman had some of the most sound advice I’ve heard and she spoke of it so passionately.  Danny & I just smiled at each other and later told her what we’ve been up to on this blog.  🙂

She just kept going on & on with more and more advice and I kept thinking – – – holy crap, I wish I had this recorded.  This is too good.  And so, I asked her if she would mind if we shared some of this with you.  She was absolutely delighted.  She didn’t stop talking so I could barely get the recorder going, but here is one little clip we captured.  It’s so good.

Presenting……The Marriage Nurse:

Follow @ablogaboutlove on Twitter

1. Anonymous April 16, 2012 at 7:37 am - Reply

So cute!!!! I love her energy!!!

2. Miss Allie April 16, 2012 at 9:52 am - Reply

Bless her!!! That was beautiful and oh so true!!
    Love knowing there is people in the world like her 🙂

• mara April 16, 2012 at 3:27 pm - Reply

Yes – I know ! It's so fun to come across people that are just so good. She was just supposed to be here a few minutes but stayed much longer and was just delightful every minute.

3. Nora April 16, 2012 at 1:53 pm - Reply

This just warmed me right up!!! What a gem. I love her passion and love–it just emanates so beautifully. Thanks for capturing this, guys!!
    xoxoxo

4. Stephanie April 16, 2012 at 7:23 pm - Reply

That was beautifully refreshing. What a sweetheart, and what a lucky man she has!

5. agirlnamedgay April 16, 2012 at 9:19 pm - Reply

Cute! I was expecting an older grandma type nurse! good advice.

6. {natalie} April 16, 2012 at 9:24 pm - Reply

she is awesome.

7. Morgan and Norman Reece April 16, 2012 at 10:11 pm - Reply

that is so sweet! i love to hear good marriage advice from seasoned people! it's so great and you can honestly tell she is so in love with her man! so cute!

8. Nicole April 17, 2012 at 1:56 am - Reply

Ok, she's great. Seriously, she could do public speaking.

9. Dominique April 17, 2012 at 2:58 am - Reply

She is beautiful. What a wonderful message. I can just envision her spreading the love to all the homes she visits.

10. Harmony April 17, 2012 at 3:35 am - Reply

put a big smile on my face 🙂 wish the video was even longer! i feel like I could listen to her for hours. I love when she says he is her baby and she is his baby! and that she wouldn't trade him for all the jackpots in the world 🙂 🙂

11. Laurie April 17, 2012 at 4:15 am - Reply

great message! I love how they take care of each other. What a great reminder of what marriage is, selfless devotion to another.

12. Roxi April 17, 2012 at 7:08 am - Reply

Wonderful! so glad to see there are still couples out there who know how to cherish, respect and truly love one another 🙂 thank you for sharing, dear Mara and Danny!

13. rebecca April 17, 2012 at 11:27 am - Reply

oh my. what a wonderful lady! as dominique said, i envision her spreading her love around to every home she visits.

14. Anonymous April 18, 2012 at 5:18 am - Reply

I have a lot of thoughts on marriage and have compared long term relationships in many ways, but the washer is a new one to me! A very good analogy… I always compare long term love relationships to pie. Each slice has to be there in order to make it complete. Each and every slice is just as important as the next. Sometimes you have to rely more on the slice with the whipped cream, when things are not working out or one of you is stressed, other times it is the solid piece with nothing but everyday filling and crust that will get you to the next place. All and all the pie I envision has six pieces and they must all be there in order to have a healthy relationship. You can't just one decide that you're going to get rid of one of the pieces, that it just isn't that important anymore, because the whole pie is what you signed up for. Anything less would make it a completely different kind or perhaps even a cake! And through all of this, the most important thing is that you not take each other for granted- not for one minute!. As love is like life, so very fragile…and once it's scarred, it becomes like scar tissue with layer upon layer of resentment. So Kudos to the "marriage nurse" and her "B-O-B"!

15. Martha April 18, 2012 at 10:38 pm - Reply

love it! she was a total crack up! made my day. now, how can i get some of this b.o.b.?? it sounds like a daily occurrence in her home!