Easter Dresses!

Today at church, seeing all the children in their Easter clothes reminded me of when I was a young girl.  There were 5 (!) of us sisters and my mom would make us all dresses, often matching.  Since we couldn’t afford the real thing, she made us Gunne Sax knock-offs (ones that I now see for high dollar all over Brooklyn in hipster vintage shops.  Yes, even the ones covered in gobs of lace with huge sleeves.)

(Easter egg photo credit)

Today I wore what I call my “Easter skirt” by Harvey Faircloth (reminds me of pretty colored Easter eggs!); my taupe shoes from Target that I actually got on sale for $7!; and yes, my white (brite!) shirt from Uniqlo (you’ll see a lot of these shirts on this blog.  I’m telling you, my dear husband can’t get enough of them. :).  And maybe for old times’ sake I’ll get my hands on some vintage Gunne Sax like these (to wear with oxfords, of course :)… 1, 2, 3, 4, or 5.

And someday, I’d love to make dresses like these for some little girls.  My dear friend (of Katiedid) made these and I don’t think there could be two cuter Easter dresses.

Is it just me or do you still like to wear Easter clothes, even as an adult?  Do your children seem to like dressing up for Easter?  I’m such a sucker.

xo,
M

Follow @ablogaboutlove on Twitter

1. Charlotte {Charlotte's Web} April 9, 2012 at 9:11 am - Reply

Very cute outfit on the little girl there 🙂

2. Rik April 9, 2012 at 1:51 pm - Reply

I totally still wear Easter outfits! I either mix up what I have in my closet or find a new skirt or dress to wear. I love getting all dressed up for Easter!

3. cecilia April 9, 2012 at 2:11 pm - Reply

gorgeous skirt. and when did you cut your hair- i love it!

my mom used to make us matching, or i should say, coordinating, easter dresses too. there were three of us, and she would make each dress a little different for each of us.

4. Ange @ The Urban Cowgirl April 9, 2012 at 3:35 pm - Reply

Oh. My. Word. I am in LOVE with that skirt!

5. Jenny Bodell April 10, 2012 at 4:00 am - Reply

I love that skirt. PERFECT for Easter!
    jennybodell.blogspot.com

6. Lindsey Trego April 10, 2012 at 4:24 pm - Reply

I love dresses and often buy a handful in the spring to wear to church! Even at 23, Easter and Christmas dresses are still a big deal for me!

7. Full House April 10, 2012 at 9:46 pm - Reply

Oh hi there pretty Mara. I just felt the need at this very moment to tell you how fabulous I think you are AND I love your skirt.

xx – Christina

8. Martha April 12, 2012 at 3:25 am - Reply

i just pinned this! amazing! this skirt is just amazing.

9. katie April 16, 2012 at 2:45 pm - Reply

mara, i cannot believe how chubby and little my girls are in those pictures! makes my eyes sting. thanks for the dress love.
    and the harvey skirt is too good for words.
    xoxo

10. suan zhang February 26, 2013 at 9:00 am - Reply

Apart from the fabric, you would also must pick the right Karen Millen dress size. The less formal the particular occasion, the more appropriate it really is to wear a reduced dress. High-end dinner parties and also formal events entail the particular wearing of longer attire that touch the ankles.

11. John Decker January 2, 2014 at 1:49 pm - Reply

I love this article thanks for sharing. I noticed the colorful dress you are wearing and I absolutely love it! I am a women's fashion designer and have been creating new styles for year but I have never seen one this stylish for a while. Since the new year has arrived I have been searching for new looks and I think styles such as Day Dresses are going to be a huge hit.