Obsessed with Neon: DailyBuzz Style 9×9

You guys, I have a thing for NEON.

Neon lightsNeon & woodNeon modern crayonsNeon glitterNeon band aidsNeon public art installations in NYCNeon candyNeon outfitsNeon elevator at the High LineNeon baby dressesNeon glow sidewalk chalk.  And possibly my favorite… Neon blocks.

You see what I mean?  Can’t get enough of it.

And, I also love neon incorporated into my own wardrobe…

So when DailyBuzz Style asked if I would do a post about neon & neutrals, I was thrilled.

It turns out that photographer Chris Lindsay wanted to do another project with me.  And so we set out to document a few neon things I’m currently wearing….and some neon lights in the ‘hood.

OUTFIT 1:

Neon pink jeans by Voxx ($58) – available by mail order at Goldy Mac in Brooklyn, 718-230-5603; Jacket from a Brooklyn Relief Society Clothing Swap; white shirt from Uniqlo; nude shoes from Target; gold bangles & necklace from J.Crew; crown braid by Kristen Jex in NYC
[Kristen is available for freelance in Manhattan/Queens/Brooklyn – $50 cuts/$85 color/$20 blow-outs.  She works in your home.  Appointment and consultation by email: kristen@kristenjex.com]
 OUTFIT 2:

Citron yellow dress from Old Navy; belt from H&M; Jacket from Harvey Faircloth; hat from a street vendor in Manhattan (Danny bought it for me last summer before a trip to the beach!); Talco Oxford shoes by SAX, available at Eric Footwear in Park Slope, 718-369-4189.  They send shoes by mail!  (FYI, these shoes are SO well made…The owner said they’re made in a small factory near Tuscany and every pair is handcrafted.  The leather is oiled and really soft.  I teeter between 8 & 8 1/2, but for these the 8s were perfect.)

OUTFIT 3:

Neon striped shirt from Old Navy; pants by Harvey Faircloth; necklace by J.Crew (also, check E-bay for these); bag by Kate Spade.
Do you guys like wearing any bits of neon?  Somehow it makes me feel summery in two seconds.  And just a warning, it might make you crave an icecream cone or make you want to go to the beach.  🙂

Follow @ablogaboutlove on Twitter

1. rebecca March 27, 2012 at 8:35 pm - Reply

these turned out absolutely fantastic my dear.

2. Rebecca March 27, 2012 at 11:02 pm - Reply

Love these outfits! You definitely pull off neons without looking like Freemont Street in Vegas (which is how I always feel). Love it!

Rebecca (hearts)…

3. Nicole Rene March 28, 2012 at 12:05 am - Reply

Oh my gosh so fabulous!!! I am soooo loving the neon lately… well and I was last year too so I'm glad it's still in. These are some awesome shots!! 🙂 Also, such a good idea to mix with neutrals to tone it down a bit! Love it all! 🙂

Nicole Rene

4. Missy March 28, 2012 at 3:48 am - Reply

I love it! Where is the top from in the first photo – neon pink stripes? Did I miss where that one is from? So cute!

• mara March 30, 2012 at 5:21 pm - Reply

Missy – the pink striped one is ALSO from Old Navy! They're available on-line now.

5. Anonymous March 29, 2012 at 1:58 am - Reply

I have to know where the Harlem bag is from – I know you said Kate Spade but I can't find it! It's AWESOME! I love it!!!!

–Megan

• mara March 30, 2012 at 5:22 pm - Reply

Megan – unfortunately that bag is from a few years ago….darn! (I wish I had a brooklyn one, too!)

6. Christy S March 29, 2012 at 3:01 am - Reply

I love that I trash talked both skinny jeans and pink in the same sentence, and that you just smiled, let me wait until I saw this, and actually find myself thinking it looks good. I constantly learn from you… 🙂

• mara March 30, 2012 at 5:23 pm - Reply

Christy -you are hilarious. I love it! When we had that conversation I had actually forgotten that I was wearing those pink pants. Too funny 🙂

7. Cheltz March 29, 2012 at 5:02 pm - Reply

I found the perfect pair of neon orange skinnies the other day. Well, perfect until I tried them on and saw that they were made funny around the waist. I'm definitely in the market for those pink pants, hopefully, I'll find some soon!

8. Lisa @ Elembee, Etc March 29, 2012 at 9:10 pm - Reply

Love them all! Especially that striped top. And so awesome how you shot your looks around neon lights.

9. Fashion-isha March 30, 2012 at 1:24 am - Reply

Wow! Love love love this post! The jewelry is amazing!
    xo