My Work Day Routine (as a Blogger, Working from Home)

I just received some portraits from a shoot I did with fashion photographer, Chris Lindsay.  I’m so excited to share them with you…it was such a fun project.

Chris wanted to photograph a blogger doing her thing (in her own home, in her own clothes, with her own computer) – you know, dressing glam, lounging, writing away in lipstick and heels in a spotless setting.  Cause that’s what bloggers do 😉 😉

Presenting:  My Work Day Routine

Keeping up on current events…

the Life of a blogger

Taking a work break to get some Vitamin D…

Researching topics for the blog…

Typing away my thoughts before I forget them…

Checking the weather to see if it’s warm enough for a walk in the park…

Waiting for my husband to get home for dinner…

Reliving our ‘Love Story’…

Planning the next day…

Excuse me now, while I get my braided up-do in place.  It’s time to do the dishes…   🙂

Chris Lindsay is a NYC based Fashion Photographer & is available for shoots.  He’s great to work with & can be contacted here.  He also took these two portraits of me about 4 years ago here & here.  He lives with his wife in Brooklyn and is the father of twin baby boys.

In case you’re interested, here’s what I’m wearing – unfortunately most is not available now!  Sorry about that… (if it’s still avail. I tried to link the actual item opposed to just the co.)  I feel a bit silly writing all this out, but I always love getting the scoop from other bloggers, so here you go:
1: Vintage gray dress from a stoop sale in Williamsburg ($10!)  Silver belt & bracelet by J.Crew.
2: “Snow Angel” dress by Harvey Faircloth, belt by H&M, black winter leggings by American Apparel.
3: Purple silk dress by Harvey Faircloth, “scarlet red” tights from We Love Colors, red shoes from our early Harvey photo shoots.
4: Tangerine silk “Gathered Neck Top” by Harvey Faircloth, high-waisted pencil skirt by Harvey Faircloth, double belts in pink and orange by J.Crew, glasses by Oliver Peoples, vintage pink bracelet from Monk Vintage Thrift Shop in Brooklyn.
5: Vintage navy/white grid dress from Etsy
6: Silk Organza ivory wrap made by Emily Nelson – for my wedding!! (It was inspired by a Harvey wrap), skirt by Eli Tahari, bracelet was a sparkly skinny belt from J.Crew wrapped around my wrist, burgandy lace tights from a friend. (This is the outfit I wore to the “White Party” at Alt Summit.)
7: Yellow Taffeta “Gathered Neck Top” by Harvey Faircloth.  High waisted pants by Harvey.  Vintage bracelet from Monk Vintage Thrift Shop.
8:  Teal top from Target, cardigan from Old Navy, copper taffeta skirt from J.Crew, sparkly gold belt & bracelet from J.Crew,  bracelets from Monk Vintage Thrift Shop.

🙂

Mara

Follow @ablogaboutlove on Twitter

1. sheri March 21, 2012 at 10:36 am - Reply

Okay- could you look any more gorgeous? Those clothes! That hair! The styling! And I haven't even had my coffee yet! That blue and white dress is fabulous – what a great post and probably so much fun!

2. KShonk Designs March 21, 2012 at 11:28 am - Reply

That's SO weird, that's exactly what I wore while making jewelry yesterday including the wardrobe changes, fab hair and heels;) (my husband wishes!)

• mara March 21, 2012 at 2:59 pm - Reply

haha! That's great. oh man – What a REALLY wear around here is a "nesting sweater" (a long cozy sweater) over danny's pajama bottoms and I wear UGGS. Yes. Ratty ones from Australia from like 2002. But I wear them like slippers cause they keep my feet warm. It's atrocious. I do try to shower and get ready…but let's just say it's not the first thing I do when I wake up. 🙂

3. MommaExpat March 21, 2012 at 12:14 pm - Reply

Stop making the rest of us look like lazy housewives! (Seriously gorgeous pictures though. In love with the Harvey dress in taking the weather report).

4. Tanya March 21, 2012 at 2:05 pm - Reply

Beautiful! I LOVE the orange blouse; I want:)

5. Greetings from Texas! March 21, 2012 at 2:42 pm - Reply

Looking good girl! =)

6. The New Diplomat's Wife March 21, 2012 at 2:54 pm - Reply

you look phenomenal – and yes, i kind of look like that too just in the office ha ha . maybe not. but in any case, very good note to self to check out more harvey faircloth. also i adore the grid dress.

7. communikate. March 21, 2012 at 2:55 pm - Reply

Hello gorgeous! Great clothes and styling!

8. Maria March 21, 2012 at 3:03 pm - Reply

How fun! Love all the looks and you're absolutely stunning.

9. Lottie March 21, 2012 at 3:11 pm - Reply

If only my blogging life was this glamourous.

Love the grid dress–amazing!

10. Dominique March 21, 2012 at 5:30 pm - Reply

Gorgeous photos. Nothing like your wardrobe to make the rest of us feel quite frumpy (today blogging in yoga pants, sneakers and an oversized sweatshirt). And yes, that blue and white dress is super cute. And the silk wrap – I'm thrilled whenever I see Emily's stuff! I still remember her as a little girl in Primary.

11. rebecca March 21, 2012 at 6:25 pm - Reply

I also slip into heels and red lipstick whilst baking my homemade apple pie and writing a blog post. I'm so glad you do too!! stunning, Mara.

• mara March 30, 2012 at 6:00 pm - Reply

Rebecca – hahaha! If you could see me now in front of the computer…..at 2:00 pm…..oh dear….

12. agirlnamedgay March 21, 2012 at 6:45 pm - Reply

Gorgeous pics! and you are so photogenic! Obvious depiction on everyday life!

13. Nicole March 21, 2012 at 6:51 pm - Reply

bahahaha! LOVE THIS! so hilarious.

xo

14. Jacy March 21, 2012 at 7:38 pm - Reply

This is GREAT! So totally NOT what I look like when I'm lounging and blogging though 😉

Very cool project for you!!

15. Shannon Gallegos March 21, 2012 at 7:43 pm - Reply

This is freakin hilarious -if only!

16. Shiloh Donkin March 21, 2012 at 8:36 pm - Reply

My favorite is you waiting for Danny to get home, I can just picture this, I am sure it is what he comes home to every day, you perfectly posed, just waiting….I meant right, don't we all. Love this by the way, Chris does an amazing job…. I may need to talk to him. I have been dying to get really great family pictures with the Brooklyn Bridge and the carousel.

17. Gabrielle - Design Mom March 21, 2012 at 9:20 pm - Reply

You look fantastic!! What a fun shoot.

18. Melissa March 22, 2012 at 12:51 am - Reply

Gorgeous! You lead such a glamorous life 🙂 Even if it may not be EVERY day, it still looks fun to play dress up! Chris Lindsay did an awesome job!

19. Miggy March 22, 2012 at 1:32 am - Reply

I didn't really hate you for your trips to St. Barths….but I do sorta hate you for your hair and wardrobe. Just a little.

And by hate a little, I mean love a lot.

20. Madison March 22, 2012 at 3:09 am - Reply

You are so beautiful! Goodness! I do have a question though – is your hair naturally like that, or have you gotten it colored? I'm looking to do something different – and I LOVE the ombre style.

• mara March 30, 2012 at 6:02 pm - Reply

I do have some color – it was kinda done ombre style which is GREAT because it grows out quite well. Though I'm probably due for some more color…it's been awhile.

21. Rudy March 23, 2012 at 9:16 am - Reply

Thank you for your recommendation.I want to tell you True Religion Outlet is also a good choice.

22. Chantel March 23, 2012 at 10:15 pm - Reply

SO fun! Every picture of you made me want to go shopping. You are so lovely! You and Danny are so classy and modern. I love everything about both of you – who you are, what you've overcome, and what you stand for.

Thank you for posting.

• mara March 30, 2012 at 6:02 pm - Reply

Chantel – so sweet of you. Thank you so much…