I learned so much at Alt Summit! I thought I'd share with you some highlights that you might like:
1. #1 tip for looking best on camera: FAKE EYELASHES! (Buy Modlash or Ardell from pharmacy.)
(From Brooke White & Summer Bellessa of The Girls with Glasses Show)
2. Know where you want to be in 2014, and think backwards to plan the building blocks.
3. If I cram my life with things that I love, there's no room for things that I don't love. (Gretchen Rubin, author of the Happiness Project)
4. Imitate your spiritual master. (Gretchen Rubin)
5. To regain some energy in the afternoon, jump up & down. (Gretchen Rubin)
6. Stop talking about it and go do it!
7. To be entertaining on camera, you need to overcome your fears. (Brooke White)
8. Try something new and jump in with both feet. Be ok with failing at it. (Liz Stanley)
9. If you have a good idea, just do it. Execute the bare minimum if needed. If you wait, the ideas become less powerful.
10. Happier people are more concerned with the problems of the world. (Gretchen Rubin)
11. One of the best ways to make yourself happy is to make other people happy. (Gretchen Rubin)
12. The best way to make others happy is to be happier yourself. (Gretchen Rubin)
I hope I can be a good blogger for all of you! I have lots of ideas for how I can make this blog an even better experience. I promise to always provide content from my heart and I hope that it can somehow make a difference in your life. I want to make this a place that is worth your time! Cause every minute counts. Know that I am always open to suggestions and feedback! If you'd like to see more of something, let me know. If you'd like a specific topic covered, let me know (I am still getting to a few suggestions that have come in already.) For example, at Alt, so many people asked if I would post more about fashion & beauty. What do you think?
|Here's one of my outfits. I added in a little HARVEY FAIRCLOTH & totally went for the double bright belts! They were a big hit.|
|Two dear friends from Brooklyn: Brooke & Merrilee. Loved sitting by them at classes & lunch as old friends.|
|Two wonderful women (Jenny & Christina) whom I got to spend time with til the wee hours of the morning. I adore them both. Christina has a set of triplets AND twins!! Yep, she does!|
|Another HARVEY FAIRCLOTH outfit. This one was such a huge hit. Many said it was their favorite outfit at the conference. What?!?! Wowzer. I'm glad people liked it.|
|Don't you just love their glittered glasses? They said they were quite uncomfortable to wear.|
|You guys just wouldn't believe how kind these two women are. They hosted my opening night dinner and they couldn't have been more warm, kind & genuine. They were some of my favorite people I met. Thanks Erica & Flora!! (And don't you just want to name a daughter Flora? I do. I need to let Danny know it's on my list. :)|
|Some all time favorites: Jenny & Jordan. Can we all hang out again soon?|
|And add to that.... Stephanie. LOVE her. I want to be her neighbor.|
|And Jaimee is one of the most lovely women....and a writer for my home state newspaper in AZ! And... her blog is awesome.|
See below for more pictures of my favorites.....(Photos by the AMAZING Justin Hackworth & b.a.d photography. I can't tell you how lovely these two photographers were. It was awesome to meet them. Plus Brooke Ashley Dennis had some of the coolest hair ever :)