(Photo by Jonathan Canlas)Blogging really is something else.
I had NO idea. Haha.
Here are a few things I have come to realize:
a. Blogs most likely take WAY more time than you would think.
b. I did not go to the high school that teaches HTML.
c. People are so lovely I could just die.
d. Blogging affects your marriage... :)
Now, I am a lucky blogger wife. And it's because my husband is equally committed to sharing the goods with as many people as we can. You should see him helping me with posts when I need advice. He always has the best eye for words. But...I have to watch it. Cause my husband is hard at work with his job and so I can't bug him too much. But I suppose if we were making big bucks off this (ha!), I could convince him to join me full time. haha. [Goal: Figure out how to make big bucks ;) ]
And, you should see how cute Danny is when new comments come in. He melts just like me. And often times [most of the time] he is the one that is commenting back to our lovely readers and putting his two bits in [um, you should see his comments. They are sometimes as long as my way-too-long posts! haha. But they are worth GOLD. Love every word he says.]
SO, we're lucky. Blogging has been a fun project that we both get to work on. And we get to share so many of the things that we learned individually and now apply to our lives & our marriage. This blog has enriched our lives more than we ever could have imagined. It's one of the greatest little projects we've had.
Here are the downsides. Not many:
1. We really aren't the type to put photos out there. And now, oh crap, they are out there! haha. But what is a blog without photos? So we are trying to be photo blogging people to help tell our story. But that's a stretch for us. So I am normally scrounging for photos. And I have to do that part alone, cause Danny is most definitely not into putting his photos on blogs. hahaha. I now know not to bug him with questions like..."Mmm, which photo do you like better, my dear?" Let's just say my news junkie husband would rather be reading the news. :)
2. Sometimes we are internet zombies. I have to watch it. And so sometimes as we are sitting, writing, photo-ing, twittering, pinter- hypnotizing, or html cursing, I will look at my handsome husband and say......SHALL WE WATCH A MOVIE?? MAKE POPCORN?? DANCE AROUND THE HOUSE?? Or sometimes he says, WANT TO UM, TAKE A LITTLE "BREAK"? And I say YES, PLEASE :) :)
3. About 5 times I have still been up blogging when my husband has crawled into bed. That's bad news. I normally don't go for that. No, not one bit! I looooove hanging with my husband in bed before we go to sleep. He reads. I bury my face in his side & smile. And we pray together. And we talk about our day. And we seek inspiration for our lives & share a lot of love with each other. So I really, really try to say HASTA LA VISTA to this screen the minute my husband goes to brush his teeth. Cause I don't want to miss a drop of that good stuff.....
4. This house is a WRECK. Haha. Back to making the big bucks: I need a housekeeper. :) Cause I want to blog my heart out to you all instead of cleaning up dishes & folding laundry. You big bloggers - - You MUST have housekeepers, right? If you don't, how on EARTH?? Anyway, I try to do my best to keep this place in order. Luckily Danny knows I'm busily working on good things. And so between the two of us, we have our little "30 minute clean-up" nights. Sometimes we do it before watching a movie. We blast some music and do some quick clean-ups - - and it's actually fun.
5. Danny does not like Twitter. At first I wasn't a huge fan, either. But I decided to get over it cause it was a good way to just do more of what I'm doing on the blog. And now I see that's it's pretty cool. But in our little household, Twitter is not something we chat about.......hahha. I know it's not a Danny thing, so I keep Twitter chat to my little self (& my lovely followers...um, still can't believe I actually have followers :)
Now, I am so very curious....How has blogging affected your marriage? :)
Is your spouse into what you are doing? Does he/she advise you, take your photos, edit, etc.? Does it annoy them if you obsess about posts or photos or what you're wearing on the way to the picking-up-a-Christmas-tree photo shoot? Do they feel neglected because of your blog? Have they become a business partner of sorts (do they take on some of the blogging duties behind the scenes?) Do they get excited & proud when encouraging comments & emails come rolling on in?
I'm just so excited to hear about the spouses behind the blogs
& how the blog has affected your marriage!